Adsense Portal

My experiments, my experiences, my advice, news that could be useful to you all. My Adsense Life in a nutshell.


Freedom From Two Ads

Since the time I have been an adsense publisher there has been one rule that has been very clear for me: A rectangle ad unit is probably the best unit if you are serious about getting your ads clicked. Its not as if I have not experimented, I have tried almost everything but finally always seem to conclude that the large rectangle properly integrated is always the best bet.

Optimization for any ad unit like this was based on the basic assumption that there were four ads in each ad unit but when Google decided to put in two ads instead of the four ads in what they termed as an automatic optimization feature i was miffed. All my hard work had gone down the drain. Those images that I had placed close to ads seemed out of place and absurd all of a sudden. CTR had fallen down substantially too but I was relieved when I saw that four ads were back in place. Proof of the fact that as inscrutable as Adsense's working may be, they still do care enough about us publishers to listen to our suggestions. Thanks Adsense.

P.S. Its not as if they have totally abandoned two ads in the place of four. Its just that they no longer appear that often as they used to. I dont think they will stop their experimentation.


Bookmarkz

0 Responses to “Freedom From Two Ads”

Post a Comment



© 2006 Adsense Portal | Blogger Templates by GeckoandFly.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.