Adsense Portal

My experiments, my experiences, my advice, news that could be useful to you all. My Adsense Life in a nutshell.


The Missing Muslim Found

Well if you have been folkowing my blog, you must have read that Muslims are vastly under represented in all fields of society. Sorry to say that I was wrong. Fact is that there is one field where they are over represented: Prisons. Figures from 8 states put the figure at an alarming 26% which is much more than their percentage of the population.
What this reflects is the failure of the so called leaders of the Muslim community. The so called guardians of the faith. No one is born a criminal and fact is that being a Muslim as well as poor in India provides a very conducive enviornment for developing into a criminal. But then the poor doesnot just consist of Muslims, it also consists of a fairly large chunk of other communities.... then why this problem with the Muslim community? My opinion is that the Madsrasa system of education is responsible for this. I am not against religious education but ultimately only secular education can get you anywhere ( unless of course you plan to become a God man, which is not a bad career choice at all). So the Madrasa system of education will ultimately result in a large number of unemployed youth which is exactly the profile of a criminal in the making: Unemployed and Poor.
Another problem is the number of illiterate women in the community. This virtually assures that atleast one parent is illiterate and the other tought in a Madrasa. So its a vicious circle.
I do not like to deal in stereotypes and what I have done in this article is precisely that; presented a stereotype. I apologize for that because there is a very large chunk of Muslims who are as educated as me or you. But then again this story is not about them at all. This is the story of the missing Muslim finally found behind bars.

Digg!


Bookmarkz

0 Responses to “The Missing Muslim Found”

Post a Comment



© 2006 Adsense Portal | Blogger Templates by GeckoandFly.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.